In accordance with the Idaho Statewide Stay at Home Order, CDH events, meetings, and gatherings are postponed until further notice.
Central District Health's Breastfeeding Basics class covers the following topics:
1. Your body is built for breastfeeding
2. How the breast makes milk including breast anatomy, milk supply, American Academy of Pediatrics recommendations.
3. Having a breastfeeding plan to take to the hospital which includes exclusive breastfeeding, importance of skin-to-skin, rooming in.
4. Health benefits of breastfeeding for mother and baby.
5. When to Feed Your Baby: hunger cues, feeding guidelines, cluster feedings.
6. How can I tell if my baby is getting enough to eat including growth spurts, counting diapers, proper weight gain, and keeping a feeding log.
7. Expressing and pumping milk, nipple care, and warning signs of problems.
8. Breastfeeding support at WIC, feeding in public, and returning to work or school.
WIC provides a FREE weekly breastfeeding support group open to WIC clients in the community.
When: Every Monday (except holiday Mondays)
Time: 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Where: Central District Health – Huckleberry Room | 707 N. Armstrong Place (off of Emerald between Five Mile and Mitchell)
No need to register. This group is FREE and is facilitated by a lactation consultant. This group provides an opportunity for new mothers to ask questions and share information and feelings in a safe, nonjudgmental and supportive atmosphere.
To get a good start on breastfeeding
To meet other mothers who are breastfeeding
To ask questions and receive support from lactation specialists
CDH is considered an Essential Business and is still offering many services, including food and septic permit applications and processing, primary care clinic appointments (non-respiratory-related).
Call to make a clinic appointment: 208-327-7400
Learn more about how we're serving you during COVID-19 HERE.
View our latest news releases, local & regional information, and more HERE.