November 20, 2015
CDHD Offices Closed on Thurs., November 26
In recognition of Thanksgiving Day, CDHD's offices in Boise, McCall and Mountain Home will be closed on Thursday, November 26.
We will resume regular business hours on Friday, November 27.
Wishing you a Happy & Healthy Thanksgiving!
November 18, 2015
It's Turkey Time: Safely Prepare Your Holiday Meal
Did you know? You should refrigerate leftovers at 40°F or below as soon as possible and within two hours of preparation to prevent food poisoning.
>> Learn More Food Safety Tips
November 6, 2015
Update: Raw milk from Kuna dairy back on shelves after passing thorough inspection
In late October, Idaho Public Health officials investigated illnesses in southwest Idaho thought to be associated with drinking unpasteurized (raw) milk. The Department of Agriculture evaluated the dairy's entire process and found no deficits. The dairy is now selling its milk in stores again.
Walk-in Cholesterol Screening
Tuesday, Dec. 1st | 6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Screening includes HDL/LDL levels, Cholesterol/HDL ratio, triglycerides, blood pressure check, and nutrition and exercise guidelines. No appointment needed!
- Cost $20 (cash or check only, please)
- Important Screening Details
October 28, 2015
Two New WIC Locations Offered
Beginning in November, WIC clients can utilize two new sites:
- Kuna – Appointments available Fridays at Family Medical Health Center - 708 E Wythe Creek Court
- Meridian – Appointments available Wednesdays at Meridian Schools Clinic – 925 NW 1st Street
For appointments, call 327-7488
In Their Own Words
Why are public health programs like immunizations, reproductive health, WIC, healthy relationships and oral health so important? CDHD produced five short photo voice videos to learn why these subjects matter to the people in our community.
- Healthy Relationships
- Contraception & Reproductive Health
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
- Oral Health
Immunization Records Request
Do you need a copy of your or your child's Immunizations Records? Follow the link below for instructions on requesting those records.
Plague in Ground Squirrels
Click here to learn more about this new and affordable cavity-prevention clinic for young kids!