August 3, 2015
New Teen Immunization Data: The Good and the Bad
Newly released immunization data for school-age teens shows Idaho made steady improvement in overall vaccination rates, but experienced a decline in the vaccine that protects against pertussis, commonly referred to as whooping cough.
- Learn more from Idaho Department of Health and Welfare
July 29, 2015
First Human Case of West Nile Virus Infection Reported in Washington County
Nine Idaho counties in Idaho have reported West Nile virus-positive mosquitoes during routine surveillance which began in mid-June.
Need to make a Back-to-School immunization appointment?
Call Us! 327-7450
August 4th | Cholesterol Screening and Cardiac Risk Assessment in Boise
Tuesday, August 4th | 6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Screening includes HDL/LDL levels, Cholesterol/HDL ratio, triglycerides, blood pressure check, and nutrition and exercise guidelines. No appointment needed!
- Cost $20 (cash or check only, please)
- Important Screening Details
July 15, 2015
Public Health News You Can Use!
In the summer Public Health Informer:
- Summer Time Healthy Swimming
- Fight the Bite this Summer
- Your Baby's First Teeth Matter
- And more!
Summer's Food Review Newsletter
In this edition:
- Protect yourself, your family and customer from food poisoning
- Food Safety Training Opportunities
- Food Safety Modernization Act
July 2, 2015
Rabid Bat Discovery is a Reminder to Take Precautions
A bat found in Boise has tested positive for rabies. The dead bat was recently discovered in a residential area in southeast Boise, and is the first one of the year in Idaho to test positive for rabies.
YOU are your child's first
and best teacher!
Program Now Enrolling!
A FREE parenting program offered through CDHD for expectant parents and families with children ages 0-3.
Learn more HERE or call 327-8629 today!
Updated WIC Income Guidelines
Idaho’s Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) will implement new income guidelines effective July 1, 2015, that raise household income eligibility limits to help offset cost of living increases.
June 16, 2015
- Learn the lastest on the outbreak and file a report.
Immunization Records Request
Do you need a copy of your or your child's Immunizations Records? Follow the link below for instructions on requesting those records.
Plague in Ground Squirrels
Click here to learn more about this new and affordable cavity-prevention clinic for young kids!