A Message from the Director
Welcome to the Central District Health Department (CDHD) website!
CDHD, Public Health District IV, is one of seven public health districts within the state of Idaho, serving the counties of Ada, Boise, Elmore, and Valley.
The health districts were established in 1970 under Idaho Code to ensure essential public health services are made available to protect the health of all citizens of the state – no matter how large or small their county population.
CDHD is governed by a seven-member board of health, which is appointed by the county commissioners of the district’s four counties.
With a vision of Healthy People in Healthy Communities, CDHD’s emphasis is on decreasing risk factors for chronic disease, improving quality of life and increasing the years of healthy life among residents.
We encourage you to learn more about our many programs and services.
- Board of Health
- Mission, Core Values & Strategic Plan
- Subscribe to CDHD Updates
- Services & Programs
- Reproductive Health Clinic
- Immunization Clinic – Immunizations offered to children ages 0-18
- Women, Infants and Children Program
- Environmental Health – Includes food establishment and child care inspection information
- Community Health – Includes tobacco cessation programs, cholesterol screenings, Fit & Fall Proof ™ classes, etc.
- Communicable Diseases
- Public Health Preparedness
- Frequently Asked Questions
Please drop us an email if you have a suggestion on how we can better serve you.
Russell A. Duke
Director, Central District Health Department
Healthy People in Healthy Communities