December 16, 2014
Healthy Initiatives for Boise Child Care Providers
Information & Upcoming Training Dates
CDHD and the City of Boise are working together to provide child care providers with the tools they need to comply with the City’s ordinance which focuses on limited screen time, increased physical activity, nutrition and infant feeding. Learn more here.
November 26, 2014
Public Health Informer Newsletter
In this edition learn about:
- Boise's Healthy Child Care Initiative Ordinance Passes
- CDHD Cholesterol Clinics Offer No Appointment Testing
- Seasonal Flu FAQ
- Raw Milk: The Risky Reality
- Getting a Grip on Portion Sizes
- And much more!
Cholesterol Screening and
Cardiac Risk Assessment at CDHD in Boise
Tuesday, January 6th | 6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Screening includes HDL/LDL levels, Cholesterol/HDL ratio, triglycerides, blood pressure check, and nutrition and exercise guidelines. No appointment needed!Cost $20 (cash or check only, please)
- Important Screening Details
Mumps Outbreak Involving University of Idaho Students Prompts Public Health
Officials to Urge Students to Check Vaccination Records and Get Vaccinated
October 7, 2014
Flu Shot & Mist Available at CDHD for Kids
- Call CDHD today to schedule a flu shot appointment for your child (6 months to 18 years) - 327-7450
- Learn more about prevening the flu this season!
Immunization Records Request
Do you need a copy of your or your child's Immunizations Records? Follow the link below for instructions on requesting those records.
Ebola Virus: Learn the latest
>> Enterovirus D68 Confirmed in Idaho
Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68), along with other respiratory illnesses, are circulating in Idaho, according to lab results received from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) today.
>> Read more here
Find a tobacco cessation class near you